Friday 28 December 2007

Prop Me Up


This day-glow cowling caught my eye as I passed the hangar. That's a Moraine MS 733 Alcyon looking all colourful, behind that a DeHavilland Chipmunk and in the front is the port end of a Miles Gemini - offering a glimpse of the little Bristol Cirrus. The great thing here is that all this hardware is under the cover of a WW I Bessanau canvas de-rigeable hangar. These incredible structures littered northern France during the Great War and this one still keeps the rain off.

6 comments:

Ron Combo said...

Nice shot Diplo; I imagine Squire Ashley won't be talking to you for days after that post. Not that he's been talking very much to me. Is he still alive?

Peter Ashley said...

Yes I'm here, three Abbots down at the Old Barn and a beaker of Harvey's by the woodburner. And yes, I did grind my teeth at the picture. In fact I'm still grinding, it is (grind, grind) very good indeed.

Ron Combo said...

Thanks for the beaker, Squire.

Peter Ashley said...

Diplo's gone a bit quiet. Perhaps that stationery steam engine went out of control across the Diplo Festive Table.

Diplomate said...

well - sort of. The Mamod traction engine and trailer caused a bit of a problem there was a burnt dog basket moment but a well aimed beaker of water saw to that.

Ron Combo said...

More beakers!