Wednesday 28 November 2007

Max torque.............


........from zero revs. Just in case you weren't sure - getting your hands on a flat torque curve is a good thing. Being a novice I was sadly denied the opportunity of hauling some rolling stock to fully appreciate the joy of steam power on this occasion - but frankly, load or not, winding this thing up was a hoot. When you get anywhere near a chance to have a go, fight your way over the push-chairs and get to the front of the queue regardless.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

O! The power of steam! They still use steam locos in China, so I hear...

;->...

Peter Ashley said...

I have only once driven a steam locomotive, courtesy of Diplomat, funnily enough. There is simply nothing like it, but I have to confess slight disappointment that I couldn't cook my breakfast on the fireman's shovel.I really did want to eat a fried egg with tiny bits of coal in it.

Diplomate said...

Probably a good deal better than scrambled eggs cooked in Tommy tin hat c/w Brilliantine and dandruff as suffered by Colonel Peniakov in Brindisi.

Toby Savage said...

Hey. I've been to Brindisi. Set fire to myself, quite by accident. Nearly lost a hand, though you can't tell now. Never driven steam though. A life unfulfilled.