Sunday 30 August 2009

Bubble & Squeak Part 3

Delivering the pigs for the chop last week got me thinking about bacon. I have previously blogged Mr Coales' fine product and I should perhaps remind you that the curing and maturing process takes 273 days.
As I sped down the 427 with the trailer clattering along behind, I realised that I wasn't going to be able wait that long. On the way home I diverted via Twywell and picked up some of the real stuff and present it here for your enjoyment. MORE MATURITY !

6 comments:

Peter Ashley said...

Good grief, look at the fat on that. As Wartime Housewife will tell you about pork pies, you might as well just clamp it round your heart. But what a way to go, brilliant.

Thud said...

more fat= more flavour, where can I get some? given my predilection for frying beans in bacon fat.

Diplomate said...

Thud - Mr Coales'll vacuum pack it for me so it'll stand a coupla days in the post. Not too sure about US import rules on cured meats - it may get confiscated !!! Happy to try if you're keen. Rolling Stones "...chicken fried in bacon fat..."

Diplomate said...

upon reflection (in the shower) shouldn't that be "bacon grease...)? Altogether more striking no-nonsense

Thud said...

I'm still on the not so sunny Wirral till oct before exile to Ca and it's rather unworldly bacon so plenty of time for a decent fry up.

Diplomate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.